Tuesday 11 June 2013

Going Bananas Over the Ben Nye Powder?


Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder from Ebay £8

Formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powders, these ultra-neutral powders provide superior matte and subtle finishing. Often compared to French powders with silky-fine textures. the Ben Nye Bella line of powders are translucent with just a hint of colour.

This product has become very popular among the world of beauty. It rocketed to fame when Kim Kardashian posted a picture of herself with the powder packed on her face. If you are a fan of Kim Kardashian you will know that her make up artist uses Banana Powder to set her concealer. There is no denying that Kims make-up always looks flawless and by using this product your skin will look just as good as hers does. After watching many YouTubers and Make-up artist raving about this product I decided it was time to get my hands on it. I ordered mine off ebay as it was fairly cheap. 

Unlike translucent powders, this Ben Nye Luxury Banana Powder is yellow based which helps prevent your skin from looking ashy. It can be used to highlight areas that need yellowness to counteract darker tones, brighten under the eye and around the face to enhance contouring, hides discoloration, redness and flaws. If you're one to use under-eye concealer then you know the importance of using a setting powder to prevent the concealer from creasing and settling into fine lines. The Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder does just that! When the correct amount of powder is applied with either a sponge or brush, this powder sets your concealer leaving a silky matte flawless finish.

The powder itself is really finely milled and super soft to the touch, it blends effortlessly into the skin and looks incredibly natural. I find it doesn't cake or enhance areas of my skin that are dry or oily. The banana powder looks smooth and silky on the skin with a natural satin finish. I find it compliments my skin tone well but I do think this product is more suited to medium and darker toned skin rather than fair skinned girls as the yellow might be too obvious.

I absolutely LOVE the finish this product gives AND is now one of my kit staples. 

7 comments:

  1. Keep hearing about this product and that Kim K uses it, not sure how it would suit me though as I am fairly pale and as you have said it may be too yellow-y!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hun, this product is amazing and TBH the best thing to do is try it out for yourself, you can pick up a small 5g sample off ebay for about £3. Test it out before buying it.

      x

      Delete
  2. I really want to get my hands on it, it sounds amazing! :)) I am a bit afraid that it won't suit my skin tone though cuz I am really pale!

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hun, like I was saying to the above chick, this product is amazing and TBH the best thing to do is TRY it out for yourself, you can pick up a small 5g sample off ebay for about £3. Test it out before buying it.

      ❤x❤

      Delete
  3. Perfect review! Answered just what I needed to know which was regarding under eye creasing. Its nice that this powder can prevent that. Ordered mine. I usually use MAC's select cover up concealer and find its SUPER drying under my eyes as it leaves fine lines and creases after a few hours, so defiantly need a setting powder.

    ReplyDelete